OH cop accidentally overdoses on fentanyl

OH cop accidentally overdoses on fentanyl

OH cop accidentally overdoses on fentanyl

Patrolman Chris Green of the East Liverpool Police Department had just finished searching the auto of two suspected drug dealers and was back at the police station when another officer spotted some white powder on his shirt. "He started collapsing", said Chief Lane. Police believe the powder was Fentanyl.

"He's an ex-MMA fighter, 220 pounds, solid muscle and it overtook him", said Wright.

Mr Green had searched a auto on Friday night after the driver carried out an alleged drug deal.

Green apparently got some of the powder on his shirt while searching the vehicle and the suspects.

He told WKBN the incident was a scary example of how the drug epidemic has forced police officers to change aspects of their job.

Within minutes of returning to the police station, Green began to feel the affects of an opioid overdose.

Officers called 911 as soon as he passed out.

Two men were arrested during the traffic stop, and both were placed in the Columbiana County jail.

"We changed our procedures to where we used to field test-drugs", Wright said. It's a very powerful drug that is often mixed with heroin.

WannaCry Ransomware: Microsoft Calls Out NSA For 'Stockpiling' Vulnerabilities
Also hit were Deutsche Bahn, the Russian Central Bank, Russian Railways, Russia's Interior Ministry, Megafon and Telefónica. Pathirana underscored the importance of updating operating systems and anti-virus software to guard against Ransomware.

So first responders take extra precautions.

Fentanyl is so rampant in OH, it raises concern that people other than law officers are also at risk of accidental contact with deadly drug residue in places like public restrooms where addicts commonly use drugs, in hospitals where users are treated, and in the homes of drug users.

The officer is expected to be alright.

Law enforcement agencies are also stepping up their training and equipment.

Solic said his investigators try to limit their exposure to unsafe drugs when they do their investigations, frequently donning masks to make sure they do not breathe in anything that can be harmful.

Following his arrest, Buckle complained that he was not feeling well and an ambulance was called for him. "We don't do that anymore because of accidental exposures".

Lane said it is still not known what drug was on Green's shirt when he got sick. Based on the results of that testing, the men could face further charges, authorities said.

As the officer talked at the station while waiting for the ambulance to arrive, someone pointed out to Green he had something on his shirt and he quickly wiped it off with his bare hand.

"It just dropped him right off", he said.

Latest News