A 16-year-old boy's death in SC last month has been blamed on ingesting too much caffeine.
"It wasn't a vehicle crash that took his life".
Watts says parents need to know that while a soda or a cup of coffee is OK, large amounts of caffeine can be deadly.
Davis Allen Cripe died on April 26 from a "caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia", the Richland County coroner's office in the southern U.S. state wrote in a statement.
The South Carolina Coroner's Association said death from too much caffeine was very rare and this was the first case they were aware of in the state.
Watts said Cripe drank a large Mountain Dew, a latte from McDonald's and an energy drink in the two hours before his heart fell out of rhythm at Spring Hill High School near Chapin on April 26.
Trump called Netanyahu on Tuesday
After arriving in the country on Monday, Friedman immediately went to the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City. Also on Tuesday, a senior US official said Trump still intends to fulfill his campaign promise of relocation.
She told the Irish Independent: "Some energy drinks contain up to 17 and a half teaspoons of sugar and have the equivalent of two to three cups of coffee".
The official cause of death was "caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia", Watts said.
"He was a great kid", said Davis' father, Sean Cripe.
The recommended limit of caffeine consumption for an average adult is not more than 400 mg a day.
But the poison center's warning wasn't the first, and caffeine-related health problems continue to rise alongside the number of products that promise to efficiently pump caffeine into consumers' bloodstreams. "Our objective here today is to let people know, especially our young kids in school, that these drinks can be risky, and be very careful with how you use them, and how many you drink on a daily basis".
During that period, as The Post's Ariana Eunjung Cha reported, the FDA has investigated the deaths of 13 people that may have been linked to the dietary supplement 5-hour Energy, which contains caffeine. "It's the amount and also the time frame in which these caffeinated beverages are consumed that can put you at risk".