Ex-Chelsea star Oscar sparks mass brawl in Chinese Super League

Oscar sparks mass brawl in Chinese league

Watch: Ex-Chelsea Player Oscar Sparks Mass Brawl in Chinese Super League

The Brazilian global left Stamford Bridge for Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai back in January in a move thought to be worth around £60million.

Shanghai SIPG midfielder Oscar has denied disrespecting Guangzhou R&F after his actions sparked a brawl that saw two men sent off during the sides' Chinese Super League game on Sunday.

Both the teams clashed against each other after what looked like a deliberate attempt by Oscar to fire the ball at two of his opponents.

Oscar moved to SIPG, coached by former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, for £40 million and has been one of the standout players for the Super League team.

A melee ensued with all 22 players as well as substitutes and staff members spilling on to the field of play.

Oscar was unhurt and the fiery encounter finished 1-1 to leave SIPG four points behind reigning champions Evergrande.

LeBron James throws wild bash for son's 10th birthday
James played along at the party, participating in all the fun activities. Being the son of the best basketball player in the world has its perks.

The home side's Chen Zhizhao retaliated, pushing the 25-year-old Brazilian to the ground.

Oscar avoided any punishment as he was dragged away from the incident as players continued to scuffle.

Oscar's manager Andre Villas-Boas echoed his sentiments and said that the Brazil worldwide was acting in the best interests of his team.

Villas-Boas told Shanghai's official social media: "Our goal should be offside and it was unlucky for Guangzhou".

Shanghai Shenhua's Qin Sheng was hit with a six-month ban earlier this year for stomping on Belgian worldwide Axel Witsel of Tianjin Quanjian.

Latest News