The ministry is investigating its civil employee who attached a wrong photo to illustrate the ministry's statement on Abu Kamal.
Russia's Defense Ministry, however, remained adamant that the USA was indeed "covering ISIS combat units to recover their combat capabilities, redeploy, and use them to promote the American interests in the Middle East" and shared new images it claimed were meant to be attached to the original post.
The Russian Defense Ministry also provided authentic photos of an IS militant convoy heading for the Syrian-Iraqi border.
A spokesperson for the Russian defence ministry told media it was "carrying out checks on a civilian employee who mistakenly added photographs to the ministry's statement".
NFL Owners Have Reportedly Sent Jerry Jones A Cease-And-Desist Warning
Jones was an ad hoc member of the committee until he brought up the possibility of legal action if an extension was offered. Jones also said on Tuesday that "well over half " of the league is interested in being a part of Goodell's extension.
Earlier on Tuesday, the ministry posted a statement on its Facebook page saying the US air force had tried to hinder Russian strikes on Islamic State militants, accompanied by satellite photographs it said showed a vehicle convoy of Islamic State militants leaving the Syrian town of Albu Kamal on November 9 2017.
Footage used by the Russian government to prove USA forces were working alongside the Islamic State was actually taken in 2016 from an entirely different engagement.
Russian Federation recently cited stills from a video game as proof that the USA was working with ISIS before quickly receiving backlash and ridicule from those who recognized the images. Some Russian citizens were frustrated with their MoD's tweet, but others simply ridiculed the account for utilizing the game's screenshots in their attempts to prove their case.