Mother of Texas toddler found dead in storm drain arrested

Sini Mathews Arrested on Child Endangerment Charge

Sini Mathews Arrested on Child Endangerment Charge

Wesley Mathews estimated that they left Sherin Mathews alone for approximately an hour-and-a-half. Sherin's cause of death is still pending.

Sini Mathews may face different or additional charges down the road, Perlich said.

Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, has told authorities he ordered the child to stand next to a tree behind the fence at their home around 3 punishment for not drinking her milk and that's when she went missing.

Later, in the garage, Wesley Mathews said was still trying to get his daughter to drink milk and she wouldn't listen, so he "physically assisted" her.

Authorities searching less than a mile from the Mathewses' home on October 22 found the body of a small child later identified as Sherin in a culvert. After her body was found, the father's story changed.

After his arrest October 23, Wesley Mathews confirmed to police that he and Sini Mathews had left Sherin at home alone while the rest of the family went out to eat dinner at a restaurant. Bail has been set at $1 million.

Sini Mathews was charged Thursday with child abandonment or endangerment in connection with Sherin's death.


EA ditches microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
Traditionally, class unlocks come from playing as that specific class, and rewarding players for the time spent as that class. In the past two weeks leading up to the release, Battlefront II has been firebombed with bad press.

Some of the proceedings of the custody hearing were delayed on Monday because of "aggravated circumstances" in the case, which was widely reported in the worldwide media.

The hearing has been reset for November 29.

On Thursday afternoon, Richardson police arrested the mother of a toddler found dead in a culvert near her family's home last month. The 37-year-old father said that, when he could never again feel Sherin's heartbeat, he "trusted she had kicked the bucket" and expelled the young lady's body from the house.

Wesley Mathews told police that Sherin was refusing to drink her milk.

He went outside about 15 minutes later to check on her, but Sherin was gone.

8 a.m.: Police are called about Sherin's disappearance. A waiter at the restaurant who served the Mathews confirmed to police that only one child had been present.

Evening: Wesley Mathews is released from jail after posting bail.

Latest News