Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey is understood to be being investigated by British police over a second alleged sexual assault. It's unclear, however, if the latest allegation is connected to the theater's internal investigation.
"On Friday, 17 November, a further allegation was made about the same man" suspected in the 2008 case, the Yard said in a statement Wednesday.
Spacey was artistic director of The Old Vic from 2004 to 2015. He has denied allegations of assault, but said he is now seeking "evaluation and treatment" of his behavior.
But it said the same man was accused November 1 of another assault in 2008, also in Lambeth.
The new investigation, assuming it involves a new accuser, would bring the total of individual accusers, named and anonymous, against Spacey to 16.
Chip Kelly to decide between UCLA and Florida
Six members of the school's athletic foundation visited him at his New Hampshire home last week, according to multiple reports . That seems to make UCLA a better fit, rather than signing on to compete against Nick Saban and the like in a much tougher SEC.
It said in a statement: "Despite having the appropriate escalation processes in place, it was claimed that those affected felt unable to raise concerns and that Kevin Spacey operated without sufficient accountability".
Met Police officers say they are looking into a claim that a man sexually assaulted another man in the London borough of Lambeth.
After actor Anthony Rapp last month accused Spacey of making sexual advances on him in 1986 when he was 14, Spacey has said little in response to the more than dozen other accusers who have come forward.
Only one of the alleged victims reported the incidents at the time.
It is not clear whether the investigation launched by Scotland Yard is a result of the Old Vic's report.