OH woman burns down home while trying to kill bed bugs

3 people injured, 10 left homeless after woman accidentally starts fire while trying to kill bed bugs

3 hospitalized after overnight fire in Avondale

Officials said that the rubbing alcohol started a fire which caused $250,000 of damage and displaced 10 people, according to WXIX.

Seven adults and three teens were displaced after the fire, and the American Red Cross is helping them find temporary housing, clothing and meals.

An Ohio woman accidentally set a five-unit home on fire Friday after she tried to kill bed bugs, reports WXIX-TV.

The unidentified Cincinnati woman was dousing the infestation with the highly flammable liquid near an open flame when she inadvertently sparked the blaze, officials said.

District 3 Fire Chief Randy Freel emphasized the fire department's previous advice not to try to tackle infestations.

A resident who uploaded video to Facebook of the incident told the television station: 'Where I got here the whole house was on fire'.

Skywatchers can see this year's best meteor shower next week
The shower will peak overnight December 13-14 with rates around one per minute under good conditions, according to Cooke. Conditions will be best during 7:30 p.m. on December 13, and in the early morning on the following day.

"I'm kind of dealing with it now", Lyshe continued.

Three adults were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. "I'll start fresh. It's all we can do now".

It's the second time in less than a month that a home was damaged by fire in Cincinnati in an attempt to kill bed bugs. A GoFundMe campaign has been launched to help the survivors rebuild their home.

In November, a 13-year-old boy caused $300,000 of damage after accidentally starting a fire in an apartment complex while trying to kill bed bugs, Fox News reported.

Firefighters advised that people trying to get rid of bed bugs hire a professional.

Latest News