Pakistani protesters demand action after rape, murder of 7-year-old girl

Imran to visit Kasur today

Pakistani protesters demand action after rape, murder of 7-year-old girl

CCTV footage appeared to show her abduction, with an unidentified man leading her by the hand, and police investigations later revealed evidence of rape and strangulation.

As riots continue in Kasur, citizens across the country are now looking to the Supreme Court to provide justice for Zainab, as well as for the three protesters killed when clashes broke out between police and demonstrators venting their outrage over her murder.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the child named as Zainab was kidnapped on January 4. Zainab's case has now causes uproar in the worldwide news outlets as well, as people have come to the streets to call for justice for the girl, asking the authorities to identify and arrest the culprits. It is reported that the girl was kept for five days before murder.

Her parents had gone to Saudi Arabia on a religious pilgrimage. "Today I am not your host. today I am a mother and that is why I am sitting here with my daughter...." "My relatives and neighbours told me that the police used to come, have food and leave", he told local media. "While they didn't do anything, my friends and family spent day and night looking for my daughter", Ameen Ansari, Zainab's father, told news media.

Zainab's uncle, Ghulam Rasool, said: 'Police are not co-operating with us. The body of the deceased girl was recovered from an agricultural field on Thursday morning.

PUBG Corp. Apologizes for the BP Mistake, Will Offer Compensation
They will also make changes to make it more balanced in the future. "However, PlayStation is very strict about this". Developer Bluehole has been very active with updates for the early access version of PUBG on Xbox One .

Expressing extreme annoyance over Kasur incident, Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Khursheed Shah said Punjab government's tall claims of unfailing security arrangements fell flat after the incident, ARY News reported on Friday.

Authorities have not yet arrested a suspect for the crime - though the government of Punjab, Kasur's province, has promised that "this case will reach its logical end soon & the perpetrators will be given severest punishment".

Police opened fire at the protesters that left two people dead. "They started throwing stones at the office and some of armed protesters shot bullets at police".

A spokesman for the Punjab provincial police said paramilitary troops had been called in to restore order. "The law and order situation here is really bad and there have been many such incidents". Scores of other people also gathered at Steel Bagh Mor near the hospital and protested with the girl's body in the middle of the road.

Latest News