Police on Thursday identified the man who threw an explosive device into the embassy compound as Dalibor Jaukovic, a former Yugoslav army soldier who had expressed anti-NATO sentiments.
"All appropriate state bodies are undertaking measures and activities with an aim of resolving this case and securing full safety and security of the USA embassy's staff", Montenegro's interior minister, Mevludin Nuhodzic, said in a video message, condemning the incident.
They said Montenegrin police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are checking Jaukovic's accounts on social networks.
A family friend, Milutin Dragicevic, said Thursday that Jaukovic was "a good patriot" during the 1999 North Atlantic Treaty Organisation air war against Yugoslavia, then comprised of Serbia and Montenegro.
"Many in Montenegro remain opposed to the country's North Atlantic Treaty Organisation membership because of the air war the alliance waged to stop the war in Kosovo when Montenegro was still part of Yugoslavia", the Associated Press notes. They said security was beefed up around all foreign embassies in Montenegro.
Key moments from Wednesday's town hall in Florida
According to the Center for Responsive Politics , Rubio has accepted more than $3,303,335 from the National Rifle Association. Jaime Guttenberg was one of the 17 people killed last week at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland , Florida .
A US official, demanding anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the situation with reporters, said the attacker acted alone. "Montenegro, one of the states created after the breakup of Yugoslavia, became NATO's 29th member in June 2017, much to the anger of Moscow, which denies any involvement in the attempted coup, and other Slavic nationalists".
"Immediately before, that person threw an explosive device from the intersection near the Sport Center into the USA embassy compound".
"Following our internal review, Embassy at Podgorica confirms all Mission personnel are safe and accounted for following the incident early this morning". "Police came very quickly and the body of a man was taken away", he told AFP.
It added that the explosive device was most likely a hand grenade.
"The embassy is now conducting an internal review to confirm the safety of all staff", the spokesman added.