Colorado man shares survival story after Hawaii shark attack

He had already been mauled by a bear and bitten by a rattlesnake all in less than four years

He had already been mauled by a bear and bitten by a rattlesnake all in less than four years

A teenager from Colorado had a fortunate escape, yet again, after he survived a shark bite, just nine months after he was attacked by a bear.

What is it about this guy that draws risky predators with sharp teeth?

"I don't know, I think [I'm] m just lucky in unlucky situations", said the 20-year old from Grand Junction on Sunday.

"I was looking around and saw a lot of blood and I saw a shark underneath me".

In less than four years, Dylan McWilliams, from Colorado, has had three very unlucky encounters with deadly animals.

He had to get seven stitches.

Despite rocky A-Day, Saban 'not disappointed' in Jalen Hurts
Saban remained supportive of the two-year starter, whom he benched at halftime of January's national championship game. He led the Tide in scoring his first season and was named to the Southeastern Conference's all-freshman team.

He added that when the shark attacked him he was several dozen yards from the beach and the scariest part for him was to swim back while the other surfers were also away. "When it pulled, it tore the skin and scraped along my skull which was like the cracking noise that I heard", he said.

Last July he was attacked by a 280-poud black bear while sleeping outdoors at a summer camp in Colorado.

There's another one: He was bitten by a rattlesnake three-and-half years ago while hiking in Utah.

He said that he spotted a six-to-eight-foot tiger shark circling below him and so frantically began swimming back to shore, praying the predator would leave him be. He punched the bear and poked it in the eye before the animal dropped him.

"I've been teaching kids and people, whoever wants, how to survive in the wilderness and live off the land like the explorers did", said the Crocodile Hunter fan from his camping spot on a Hawaiian beach. I thought I was blind'. He told the Star Advertiser that it was a "dry bite", which means it was only venomous enough to make him sick for few days.

When asked if he thinks he will have another brush with risky wildlife, he said: "I hope not, but I spend most of my time outside with animals... so I guess anything could happen".

Latest News