Canadiens owner says Max Pacioretty asked for trade

Getty Images

Getty Images

Pacioretty, like many Canadiens players, is coming off a disastrous season.

The GM added he never told Pacioretty that he was trying to trade him at any point last season.

The Vegas Golden Knights signed newly acquired forward Max Pacioretty to a four-year, $28-million contract, the team announced Monday.

But Musician Mic Manaras felt Montreal would be better off without Pacioretty.

Molson didn't want to get into the details of Pacioretty's trade request or when it was made.

According to Montreal GM Marc Bergevin, Pacioretty had requested a trade last season, though a failed deal with the Los Angeles Kings during the 2018 National Hockey League draft led to the winger changing representation and new agent Allan Walsh saying the player didn't want to leave Montreal as recently as August 28. The Canadiens showed no interest in signing him to an extension despite the CT native's oft-repeated claims that he and his family are happy in Montreal and wanted to stay here. "From our perspective, we're just going to focus on telling the truth, and that's that a request was made". "So it's a step, hopefully, in the right direction, but you know, there's a lot of work that hasn't been done". He could still go back to Owen Sound. I wish him all the best.

In Tatar, the Canadiens got themselves a former second-round pick (2009) who has shown plenty of skill, though he's yet to capitalize on all his potential. The only surefire NHL-ready talent of the bunch is Tatar, 27, who has scored at least 20 goals in each of the past four campaigns, but in Suzuki and a second-round selection, Vegas has given up two significant assets.

Ex-Emmerdale star apologises over Celebrity Big Brother punch claims
The former Emmerdale star also pulled out of playing Cinderella in a pantomime in Chesterfield. She is going to take some time to reflect and address some issues.

"I'm not going to deny it, you guys; he didn't perform up to par in Vegas", said Bergevin.

From now until the beginning of training camp, Bruins Insider Joe Haggerty is profiling players who will be on, or have a chance to be on, the 2018-19 Bruins.

What Happened Last Year: The 33-year-old Bergeron battled groin issues early and a fractured foot late in the season, and missed 18 games with his assorted injuries throughout the regular season.

The Canadiens are not expected to be much of a contender in the Atlantic Division this season.

"One point that was very important for us was to get a young prospect, what we call an "A" prospect". Bergeron and Brad Marchand teamed with David Pastrnak to form the best forward line in the entire NHL, and Bergeron still managed to be the league's premier defensive forward along with a special teams beast both on the power play and penalty kill.

"We made changes, we brought in good new players and coaches", said Bergevin. I can't say exactly where he'll be on the day he ends up playing for the Montreal Canadiens, but I'm confident that he's going to help us. "We have some good centers coming through the system, and with the departure of Max there's room on the wings too".

Latest News