Trump tweets wrong death count for Hurricane Florence

Massive stockpile of bottled water found in Puerto Rico a year after Maria

‘3000 people did not die’: Trump rejects Hurricane Maria death toll in Puerto Rico

"I'm not to blame for this", Trump said about Maria at one point, according to one of his advisers cited by The Post.

Trump later added in a second tweet that the larger reported death toll was the work of Democrats attempting to recast the president's successful response to the tragedy.

Florida Governor Rick Scott, a Republican, tweeted that he disagreed with the president. They said even though it has been one year later, they are still rebuilding.

TRUMP DISPUTES 3,000 DEATHS IN PUERTO RICO: The president disputed the revised number of excess deaths following Hurricane Maria, and suggested Democrats released exaggerated numbers "to make me look as bad as possible"- the co-hosts weigh in.

Cora indicated that the Puerto Rican people are continuing their efforts to a return to normalcy. "The loss of any life is tragic". Trump, in his tweets, did not provide any evidence to support his claims of a conspiracy.

The White House defended the president on Thursday.

"I don't want to comment on what the president said", said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, who went on to ask why estimates of the dead had sharply increased over the previous year.

He also said he was waiting for Trump to respond to a petition to help Puerto Rico complete work on emergency housing restoration programs and debris removal.

He ripped the Mayor of San Juan for allegedly playing the political game.

Strawberries recalled in Australian state after needles found inside fruit
A Queensland man posted this photo of a strawberry with a needle in it after reporting his friend swallowed one. Young advised residents that all strawberries, regardless of brand, should be cut before they're eaten.

As many as seven deaths have been attributed to the storm so far.

Puerto Rico's governor said last week that his administration has adopted new measures to better prepare for a disaster like Maria although he warned of limitations given the USA territory's economic crisis.

President Trump on Wednesday doubled down on his administration's response to Hurricane Maria that slammed into Puerto Rico past year leaving almost 3,000 people dead - and lashed out at the mayor of San Juan who has been a critic of the effort as "incompetent".

'When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths.

In fact, there are two categories of disaster deaths.

The study concluded the initial death toll of 64 only included those killed directly by hurricanes Maria and Irma - either by drowning, flying debris or building collapse.

"I wish he'd paused and expressed that, instead of just focusing on the response success", Bossert said.

"We are scientists. We are public health people. But I don't agree with a lot of stuff that he says about us". The president has guaranteed coverage of the government response to Florence will be intermixed with talk of his feud with Puerto Rico officials and questions about the veracity of his assertions. Gov. Ricardo Rossello told CBS New York on Thursday that he was a Democrat but stressed that the government sought the study and said it "tried to make this process a completely independent process".

That's why the official death toll remained relatively low until researchers could examine death records and gain a broader understanding of people's circumstances. After the total was revised August 28, White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders issued a statement in which she did not actively dispute the revised figure.

Latest News