NASA astronaut describes close call following failed launch

Russia may resume manned space flights on November 28: Interfax

Astronauts aboard ISS afraid of aborting space launch

It was the first aborted launch for the Russians in 35 years and only the third in history.

Three Soyuz rocket launches will be conducted before the next manned Soyuz flight, the Roscosmos executive director stated at a press conference in the Yuri A. Gagarin State Scientific Research-and-Testing Cosmonaut Training Center.

In the wake of a booster failure that forced a Russian Soyuz spacecraft to make an emergency landing last week, astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) were anxious whether their space launch would be cancelled.

Russian Federation has temporarily suspended all manned space launches after two astronauts made a dramatic emergency landing in Kazakhstan on Thursday due to the failure of the Soyuz rocket carrying them to the orbital ISS. However, minutes after the liftoff, they faced a failure in the rocket's booster - causing a ballistic re-entry into Earth.

"I am feeling well, so is my colleague, U.S. astronaut Nick Hague", Ovchinin said. Like each one before, the rocket's safety system kept the crew alive.

Trump co-signs Saudi Arabia’s Jamal Khashoggi cover-up, late-night pundit says
For the first time since the journalist disappeared two weeks ago , Turkish investigators were allowed to enter the building. Jamal Khashoggi had become increasingly critical of the powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in recent months.

Hague said he and Ovchinin, his commander, were flung from side to side and shoved back hard into their seats, as the drama unfolded 50 kilometres (31 miles) above Kazakhstan last Thursday. "And then we start cracking a few jokes between us about how short our flight was".

Air Force Colonel Nick Hague on Tuesday publicly described his close call.

His emotions bubbled up once he was reunited with his wife, their two young sons and his parents, back at the launch site.

The Russian spacecraft has been the only way to send replacement crews to the International Space Station since NASA retired the space shuttle fleet in 2011.

The CEO of Singapore-based Equatorial Space Industries, Simon Gwozdz, told Khaleej Times that astronauts who are meant to go to the ISS soon should "expect some delays". "What we are doing up there at the space station, what we are doing for human exploration, it's for the benefit of all, and it's important that we continue".

Latest News