Fox News, NBC stop airing Trump immigrant ad deemed racist

Luis Bracamontes Immigrant

Trump Jr. Attacks CNN For Not Airing Racist Ad — CNN Fires Back

Less than a week after ABC aired a misleading, pro-GOP political ad during The Conners, NBC ran a Trump-approved commercial about immigration during Sunday Night Football that has drawn much criticism for its racist message.

"A lot of things are offensive", Trump responded.

The ad includes footage of Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported immigrant from Mexico sentenced to death in California for killing two police officers.

"After further review we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have chose to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", the network reportedly said.

The ad also showed a clip of the migrant caravan heading toward the USA border from Central America with the caption "Who else would Democrats let in?"

CNN went so far as to declare "this ad is racist", adding they "declined" to run it when the Trump campaign "presented [them] with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad". In the late 1990s, Bracamontes was arrested on drug charges in Phoenix, Arizona, but later released for "unknown reasons" under anti-immigrant Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

NBC later said it would pull the advertisement as soon as possible due to its "insensitive nature".

Pochettino: Spurs stronger for Real Madrid’s glances
Dele Alli was rested to keep him fresh for Tuesday as Erik Lamela , Lucas Moura and Harry Kane put Spurs 3-0 up on Saturday. You need to be respectful with the football.

The president tweeted out a video of the ad on October 31, and the ad aired during "Sunday Night Football", which is one of the most watched programs on television, regularly averaging more than 10 million viewers.

President Donald Trump and his Republican supporters have been widely criticized for a blatantly racist depicting Central American refugees as violent criminals-and the ad is so offensive that even Fox News is no longer running it.

Mr. Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted that NBC News, CNN and Facebook had chosen "to stand with those ILLEGALLY IN THIS COUNTRY".

Before the ad aired, Trump had blamed Democrats for the 7,000-strong caravan.

Fox's decision follows NBC saying earlier Monday that it had erred in running the ad. Facebook's rules bar ads from containing "shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content".

Facebook, too, announced Monday that the ad could not be a paid ad on the site, though users can still post it themselves.

Latest News