England coach Eddie Jones stirs up All Blacks clash with Haka jibe

Joe Moody's season is over after suffering an eye injury

Phil Walter Joe Moody's season is over after suffering an eye injury

New Zealand face England for the first time in four years on Saturday at a sold-out Twickenham.

"Winning 18 games in a row is not easy - only two teams in the history of world rugby have ever done it". His recent form is better still having scored six tries in his last four games for New Zealand.

France were even fined for their response before an agonising 8-7 loss to New Zealand in the 2011 World Cup final in Auckland.

"There's already pressure on us, the one constant thing about being in the All Blacks is you're under pressure". Then you realise "we can be in this", but by then it's too late.

"The crowd last week was wonderful, we had great support and enthusiasm for the game and they saw a great test match and I'm sure on Saturday they will see another".

They are heavy favourites for victory at the weekend but Hansen shrugged off talk of his team being under pressure to deliver.

"We have 33 percent who have beaten them and the other 67 percent want to beat them". In a sport like this you see every week that anybody can win on any given day.

When Jones' comments were put to Read at New Zealand's team hotel in London on Friday, he replied: "We do the Haka as a challenge but it is more about us connecting as a team".

Dodgers Offered Nationals This Star In Pursuit Of Bryce Harper Trade
National League Rookie of the Year candidate Juan Soto, Adam Eaton and Victor Robles could start on Opening Day for Washington. The Nationals wanted to lock up their star, but Harper felt $30 million per year for the next decade wasn't enough money.

While results here can't change the only major blemish of Hansen's seven-year reign, they can alter perceptions, and also go a long way to reinforcing where the All Blacks sit in the overall pecking order.

"Once you've acknowledged it's there you can deal with it", he said.

The All Blacks have been installed as overwhelming favourites to win a fixture their head coach Steve Hansen considers to be bigger than last year's series against the British and Irish Lions. As now, we were playing the world champions; they'd been unbeaten since the World Cup and you know that if you're not playing somewhere near your best you're going to get spanked because they're a quality side. "There's going to be 80,000 people, it's all over the papers, everyone's talking about it and you can't get a ticket".

"The buzz is bigger, that Lions tour has made it bigger".

England have won just seven matches against the All Blacks since they first met in 1905, but George has taken heart from the way the Lions drew a three-Test series 1-1 past year. They emerged from a first 40 minutes in which they were comprehensively second-best (yes, there were injuries but it was a largely inexperienced Springbok side) to sneak past their opponents 12-11, owing to some smart kicking, aggression and intensity at the breakdown and more purposeful defence in the second half.

Flanker Itoje, the youngest member of Warren Gatland's Lions squad in 2017, was a star performer during that tour of New Zealand - which ended in a draw - and believes he now "understands" the psyche of the All Blacks.

In Gracenote's analysis of conversion kicking rates, something which they argue is a better measure of true kicking ability due to the fact every kick has to be taken and harder kicks can not be declined, New Zealand have a success rate of 74.18%.

Latest News