Saudi Arabia rejects call for international probe of Jamal Khashoggi murder

Saudi Human Rights official: Brought perpetrators of Khashoggi murder to justice

‘Unfortunate accident’: Saudis assure UN there’s no need for probe into Khashoggi killing

This week, more than 30 countries, including all 28 European Union member states, censured the Saudi government at the UN Human Rights Council for its human rights record.

Bandar bin Mohammed al-Aiban told the UN Human Rights Council that those on trial for the "heinous crime" and "unfortunate accident" at its Istanbul consulate on Oct 3 had attended three hearings so far with their lawyers present.

Saudi Arabia on Thursday reiterated its rejection of calls for an worldwide, independent investigation into the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, insisting it was well equipped to bring the perpetrators to justice. While he provided no names or details about the men who have been charged, he assured the 47-member council that Saudi Arabia is adhering to its own constitutional principles as well as global law.

But Aiban said Saudi Arabia would not accept what he termed as foreign interference in its domestic affairs and judicial system.

The Turkish Justice Ministry said it had requested Interpol red notices for 18 people on November 15 and for two more on December 21 without identifying the individuals.

Al-Aiban spoke as the 47-member Human Rights Council conducted Thursday a regular review of Saudi Arabia's human rights record, a periodic process faced by all United Nations member states.

James lifts Lakers in win over Bulls
It has not been a good stretch for the Los Angeles Lakers , but they were able to snap a five-game losing streak on Tuesday night. In July 2018, Ingram was hoping he would get invited to the Lakers training camp after the addition of LeBron James .

It announced General Secretariat of Interpol published the red notice March 1 in accordance with Turkey's request.

But that explanation has been roundly rejected outside of the kingdom, as pressure mounts for Mohammad bin Salman, whom many believe had to have signed off on Khashoggi's killing, to be held to account. He was killed inside Saudi Arabia's consulate in Istanbul on October 2.

The Saudi government has denied any involvement by the crown prince.

Previously, Saudi officials have said 11 people have been indicted in relation to the Khashoggi murder and that five suspects will face the death penalty.

The killing has severely strained ties between Turkey and Saudi Arabia, although Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has good ties with the Saudi monarch, King Salman.

Latest News